Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year's Eve!

             It's already time for the year to end and another to begin!  Seems like not long ago it was just starting.  The holidays in the Leong house went along famously.  Truman and I enjoyed a few parties and I got to see the lights of Winterhaven with my pup and my cousins family.  For those of you who don't know we have a neighborhood (Winterhaven) that goes all out with the holiday decorations, and I mean all out.  The electric company comes out with their bucket trucks to help decorate and the police guide the traffic while the hay rides go up and down the streets.  It's serious and it doesn't feel like Christmas if I don't get to go.
              Christmas Eve was wonderful.  I got to start the day hanging out with my cousin and her family then off to a surf and turf dinner at Truman's cousin's new house.  Then on Christmas day we had a lovely lunch here at the house.  Daddy brought ham and Truman made korean BBQ street tacos, delicious! We finished the evening at Truman's moms house for a chinese dinner.  I was very happy that I managed to watch all the Christmas movies my heart desired by Christmas.  And for my gift Truman got me a ticket for the next scrap retreat in April!  So excited to have that to look forward to!
              Ironically I am just getting around to unpacking my items from Octobers retreat and getting reorganized.  Since I always tend to make some Christmas cards and Christmas gifts my room is usually a disaster.  Not to mention I keep all the presents wrapped in my scrap closet so that takes up a ridiculous amount of space.  It's nice to see it clean again.  After Christmas Truman and I went out to the desert with some friends so that Truman and Guy could do a test run on the buggy that Guy has been building for the past few years.  They are hoping to race it in the future and needed to see how the communications, navigation, and actual buggy were running.  There were a few kinks but nothing major.  Even better we ended the day by stopping at one of our favorite vineyards in Sonoita.  It was a wonderful day.  Now that the holidays are over I can share pictures of some of the items I made as gifts!  Hope everyone has a safe and spectacular New Year!

Roxy and I at Winterhaven

Bean and I with our treats on Christmas Eve

Our annual Christmas Eve photo

The cutest Santa Bug on the planet!

My love and I

Christmas is so exhausting!

The boys nearly ready for the test run

My sisters gift in progress

The final product, a personalized listography

The homemade washi tapes I made my sister

The special magnets I made for my flappers!

The altered journals and pens

Close up of my cousins.  Her favorite color is green and she loves Alice In Wonderland

Another close up

More homemade washi tape for me!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to post this days ago but it kicked me out. Love the journals and I LOVE my goodies too. They are displayed right above my work surface in my craft room. Thanks again !!

    ReplyDelete